KNOW THE PAST… PREDICT THE FUTURE
The wave soldering process is one of the most challenging procedures to set up. The ECD WaveRIDER™ NL 2 greatly simplifies wave solder set up and ensures perfect repeatability, time after time. Board recipe preheat temperatures, conveyor speed, wave height, contact times and parallelism are all measured and monitored using the WaveRIDER NL 2 process pallet.
● Time spent in immersion across the solder pot also provides critical Contact Length, Immersion Depth and Parallelism data. Manage (SPC) optimum and repeatable board-to-wave orientation, icicles mitigation, conveyor finger maintenance, adequate pot replenishment, auto-start and pump maintenance.
● Time delay between the “C” and Speed Sensors striking the main wave is used to calculate conveyor speed for every run to verify consistency (SPC) and catch an incorrect recipe setting. Creates event triggers for Coupon Sensors too.
● This is the thermal protective barrier for the M.O.L.E.™
● The Rider LED Indicates when SuperM.O.L.E.™ Gold 2 is connected to a WaveRIDER™ NL 2 test pallet. And when connected to a M.O.L.E.™ EV6, a “RIDER“ symbol appears on the display. This also automatically sets the M.O.L.E.’s configuration.
● Three thermocouples are aligned with the Speed Sensor. Coupon Top, Bottom and Solder record board temperatures, Preheat Max Temp (top side), Preheat Max Slope, Wave surface temperature and Delta T at Wave. Provide key wave soldering measurements to verify machine readiness for production (SPC).
REPLACEABLE TEST COUPON
● Polyimide 3-thermocouple circuit board. Newly designed it now includes an anchor which fixes the “Solder” sensor at a 2mm [0.08”] depth. This provides optimum repeatability and a better representation of solder temperatures.
What’s in the Kit
STANDARD KIT DESCRIPTION
- WaveRIDER™ NL 2 pallet
- Includes 6 sensors & thermal barrier
- 9”, 12”, 15” & 18” widths
- Lead-free Polyimide Test Coupon
- M.O.L.E.™ MAP Software
- Quick Reference & Expert Guides
- Carrying Box
- 1 year warranty on materials and workmanship
Full Specifications (Click to View):
- Length: 305 mm [12in.]
- Height: 33 mm [1.3in.]
- Standard: 229mm [9”], 305 mm [12”], 381mm [15’], 458 mm [18”]
- Custom: >145mm [5.7”]
- 9”: 1.36 kg [3.0 lbs]
- 12”: 1.72 kg [3.8 lbs]
- 15”: 1.86 kg [4.1 lbs]
- 18”: 2.61 kg [5.75 lbs]
- Max. Operational Temperature (Pallet): 300°C [572°F]
- 6 – Distance/Time & Coupon Special Limits of Error K-Type thermocouple wire (± 1.1°C or 0.4%, whichever is greater)
- 1 year parts and labor
- WaveRIDER™ NL 2 Standard Systems
- E36-9285-00: 229 mm [9 in.] wide pallet
- E36-9285-02: 305 mm [12 in.] wide pallet
- E36-9285-05: 381mm [15 in.] wide pallet
- E36-9285-08: 458 mm [18 in.] wide pallet
- WaveRIDER™ NL 2 Custom System
- E36-9285-12: >145mm [5.7in.] wide pallet
ECD NORTH AMERICA (US, CANADA)
4287-B SE International Way
Milwaukie, Oregon 97222-8825 U.S.A.
LATAM (MEXICO, CENTRAL, SOUTH AMERICA)
Houston, TX U.S.A. Office
EMEA (EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA)
APAC (ASIA-PACIFIC, CHINA, INDIA)
WaveRIDER NL 2
- Datasheet: Letter | A4 | Spanish | Chinese
- Quick Reference Guide
- Expert’s Guide to Wave Solder
- M.O.L.E.™ MAP Software
- ECD Product Catalog: Digital | PDF