CONVECTION REFLOW OVEN VERIFICATION
The patented OvenRIDER® NL 2+ travels through your oven with a M.O.L.E.™ thermal profiler inside collecting data for analysis and SPC charting. A combination of thermal and process sensors measure oven performance, delivering consistent data that can be used to identify modest trends which may be developing, or serious conditions that have already arrived. Simple PCB profiling cannot detect all the subtleties which can have a profound effect on PCB production quality.
● Three high mass pucks measure the effect of convection to drive heat evenly into a product. Each oven zone reports a Process Delta to verify convection consistency for SPC. This detects a failed fan, restricted vent or incorrect oven convection setting.
● Three exposed fast response thermocouples average the center 70% of the measured air temperature in each zone to verify consistency for SPC. This detects a failing heater or wrong oven setting. The NL 2+ pallet design offers added protection from accidental damage.
● Front & Rear Speed Sensors define process origin and conveyor speed with rail-mounted ‘Start’ magnet. Belt speed verified for consistency (SPC).Detects the wrong oven setting or maintenance requirement.
ZONE SENSOR LIGHT
● There is an LED porthole on the top of the barrier cover that illuminates when the OvenRIDER NL 2+ detects zone boundary. This LED is powered by a replaceable 3.6 volt ½ AA lithium battery.
● The Rider LED Indicates when SuperM.O.L.E.™ Gold 2 is connected to a OvenRIDER NL 2+ test pallet. And when connected to a M.O.L.E.™ EV6, a “RIDER“ symbol appears on the display. This also automatically sets the M.O.L.E.’s configuration.
● This barrier also is equipped with external insulation on the top and bottom, which provides the extra thermal protection needed for Lead-Free processes. This barrier is lowered 0.685” [17.40mm] into the plane of the pallet for extra oven clearance.
What’s in the Kit
STANDARD KIT DESCRIPTION
- OvenRIDER NL 2+ pallet
- Includes 6 sensors & thermal barrier
- 9”, 12”, & 18” widths
- Start/zones magnet kit
- M.O.L.E.™ MAP Software
- Quick reference guide
- Carrying box
- 1 year warranty on materials and workmanship
Full Specifications (Click to View):
ECD NORTH AMERICA (US, CANADA)
LATAM (MEXICO, CENTRAL, SOUTH AMERICA)
EMEA (EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA)
APAC (ASIA-PACIFIC, CHINA, INDIA)
OvenRIDER NL 2+
- Industry Paper: Oven Verification using OvenRIDER NL 2+
- Technical Article: Reflow Oven Evaluation Method